The Valley of Hartford is located in Newington, CT at 207 Deming Street. Our building, the Edward M. White 33° Scottish Rite Cathedral is home to the Valley’s offices as well as our Warren J. Blessing 33° Auditorium. This 250 seat theater is a wonderful space for degree work as well as large meetings. The cathedral and auditorium were named in memory of two prominent 33° brothers of the Valley of Hartford who were instrumental in securing the Valley’s permanent home after the Valley moved out of Hartford.
The Valley is comprised of four bodies — the Charter Oak Lodge of Perfection, the Hartford Council Princes of Jerusalem, the Cyrus Goodell Chapter of Rose Croix and the Nathan Hale Consistory. Each body is responsible for portraying a specific set of the 29 degrees that make up the Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite.
The Valley of Hartford began in 1864, when the Charter Oak Lodge of Perfection received its charter For twelve years that was the only body in the Valley. The other bodies that operate in the Valley of Harford are the Hartford Council Princes of Jerusalem (chartered 1876), the Cyrus Goodell Chapter of Rose Croix (chartered 1876), and the Nathan Hale Consistory (chartered 1984).
- Current Officers
- Past Presiding Officers
- Executive Council
- Meritorious Service Award Recipients
- Sovereign Grand Inspectors, 33°
- Class Honorees